1 measured by an angle or by the rate of change of an angle; "angular momentum"
- (WEAE) /ˈæŋ.ju.lɚ/ or /-lɑɹ/
- Relating to an angle or to angles; having an angle or angles; forming an angle or corner; sharp-cornered; pointed; as, an angular figure.
- Measured by an angle; as, angular distance.
- (Figurative) Lean; lank; raw-boned; ungraceful; sharp and stiff in character; as, remarkably angular in his habits and appearance; an angular female.
- French: angulaire (1,2), anguleux (3)
- Icelandic: hyrndur (1,2), hyrnd (1,2), hyrnt (1,2); skarphyrndur (1,2), skarphyrnd (1,2), skarphyrnt (1,2); horn (1,2), beinaber m|f (3), beinabert (3)
- In the context of "anatomy": A bone in the base of the lower jaw of many birds, reptiles, and fishes.
The angular is a large bone in the lower jaw of amphibians, birds and reptiles, which is connected to all other lower jaw bones: the dentary (which is the entire lower jaw in mammals), the splenial, the suprangular, and the articular.
angular in Ukrainian: Кутова кістка
V-shaped, Y-shaped, akimbo, bent, bony, cornered, crooked, crotched, crude, forked, furcal, furcate, gaunt, geniculate, geniculated, hooked, jagged, knee-shaped, lank, lanky, pointed, raw, rawboned, rough, roughhewn, rude, saw-toothed, sawtooth, scraggy, scrawny, serrate, sharp, sharp-cornered, skinny, spare, undressed, unfashioned, unfinished, unpolished, unworked, weedy, zigzag